Sunday, December 1, 2013

Secret Santa

A big, American breakfast was in order this morning. I made scrambled eggs with some veggies and cheese, bacon, and pancakes and it was just what I needed!

 My beautiful American breakfast!

I spent my day relaxing - for some reason, this weekend felt like a long weekend (most likely because of the Thanksgiving celebration) and I was not dreading going to work tomorrow.

I ended up watching some movies. The first up was Now You See Me, one of my favorite movies. I sat, drank some coffee and ate my breakfast to it.

While I was watching my movie, I had the chance to finally do something I haven't had time to do in a very long time - write letters! I spent about an hour writing and addressing letters to family and friends back home. Despite my being home in only 20 days, I am hoping it will be appreciated. They're going to be a surprise to those who get them. :)

A bit later, I began The Notebook, but wasn't able to finish the whole thing tonight.

Tonight was Lineke's small Christmas gathering! We went up to her room for some tomato soup and sekt, as well as Christmas music, and just chatting and enjoying everyone's company. We did a Secret Santa exchange. I had Lineke! I ended up doing a craft I found on Pinterest - I decorated a mug and gave her some Lebkuchen (gingerbread cookies) and a Daim Milka bar.

The mug I decorated for Lineke

The mug craft is something that I have pinned a few times with different designs because it is so simple to do and such a nice idea. It turned outlooking great! I was very happy with it. :)

Once the party was done, I went back to my room and, a bit later, Dawn came down for some tea before we headed to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment